Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Graphic Observations, Part 1

Today, a friend was a very good friend to me and sent me the Surviving the World website, in which many pithy observations are made in chalkboard form--often including graphs. I am also fond of this one, because I have fallen so much in the past few weeks I have a bruised and abraded limb I like to call the Apocalypse Leg.

It was perfect, since every time I successfully completed a task at BRU today, I could reward myself with 30 seconds of funny.

Anyhoo. I felt inspired to map my own head fluff onto a graph. Particularly, I thought a chart would be a perfect vehicle to describe a phenomenon I have pondered since my first days at BRU. Walking in the hallways, it seems like the options are:

(1) To be trapped behind a herd of parents and children on campus tours whose slow-as-molasses pacing seems to be the product of confusion, awe, and infinite time to waste.

(2) To be mowed down by a student or professor whose lightning pace is spurred on by SO MANY IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO.

I would happily set my cruising speed at a light jaunt that will get me to my next cup of coffee soon-ish, but not return me to my desk before the computer headache has dissipated. But this is rarely possible.

So, I propose this possible correlation:




P.S. I think there will be more of these graphs to come. This amuses me.

No comments: