Tuesday, December 21, 2010

10 things I'd rather be doing than sitting in this Starbuck's, not dissertating:

1) Napping in my sleep cave (aka dark, over-warm, closet-sized bedroom).

2) Finishing my oxalis painting that has been sitting on my desk, half finished for months.

3) Making poor-man's boeuf bourginon in my new Le Creuset dutch oven (which I could combine with any other home activity).

4) Holing up at the nearest theater with a nip and a bucket of popcorn--preferably watching Burlesque, Country Strong, or some such piece of fluff. I'd do Black Swan if someone would go with me--too scary for viewing solo.

5) Getting a haircut so my bangs quit poking me in the eye.

6) Knitting while watching my favorite shitty movie of all time, Invasion of the Bee Girls, which happened to be in the $3 set of 72 drive-in movies my friend brought over to my house. The mad scientist is a woman, for once. Granted, she dies at the hand of the patriarch. But still.

7) Buying a book at the Harvard Book Store and settling in for a couple of glasses of the inoffensive and cheap house red at Shay's.

8) Flying home. Which I will not do at all this Christmas. :(

9) Snowball fighting. I've never had a proper snowball fight, and it snowed for real for the first time this season yesterday.

10) Wrapping myself up in a blanket and quietly sobbing on my couch.

No comments: